NetFront™Mobile Client Suite Provides Comprehensive Solution for Rapid Development and Deployment of Advanced Multimedia-Enabled Mobile Phones
Cannes, France, 3GSM World Congress – February 23, 2003 – ACCESS (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 4813), a global provider of mobile content delivery and access technologies, today announced the introduction of NetFront Mobile Client Suite, an integrated software solution that provides handset manufacturers and operators with a comprehensive global solution containing the software components needed to bring advanced multimedia-enabled mobile phones to market quickly and easily.
NetFront Mobile Client Suite takes phoneware to new levels of efficiency and functionality by providing an integrated customizable User Interface (UI) architecture, advanced Browser, Multimedia Messaging client, Personal Information Management (PIM) client, SyncML client, SMIL player, Java support and more. Leveraging ACCESS’ extensive mobile technology experience, NetFront Mobile Client Suite is a highly integrated, flexible, modular, and extensible solution that dramatically reduces development time and costs, allowing manufacturers to rapidly introduce new phone models to markets throughout the world.
“With NetFront Mobile Client Suite, ACCESS is redefining what operators and handset manufacturers can expect from phoneware. NetFront Mobile Client Suite offers the most comprehensive package of advanced mobile technologies in the market – it is truly a powerful global solution,” said Toru Arakawa, president and CEO, ACCESS Co. Ltd. “ACCESS has long been regarded a leader in mobile. Our technologies helped propel DoCoMo’s i-mode service to its well-known success. Now, as mobile multimedia and the mobile Internet are rapidly evolving into global consumer must-haves, ACCESS is again delivering the solutions that will help the industry achieve its next major growth phase. NetFront Mobile Client Suite is our most significant mobile technology to date.”
NetFront Mobile Client Suite is OS independent and offers easy porting to practically any embedded mobile platform like Agere, Broadcom, EMP, Infineon, SH-Mobile, TTPCom and others. NetFront Mobile Client Suite technologies are proven and have been deployed on a wide variety of embedded and mobile operating systems including Linux, Symbian, Palm®, Windows Mobile™, and BREW™.
NetFront Mobile Client Suite is comprised of the following components:
- Customizable User Interface: Easy adaptation to support any branded environment. The UI interface functions as an independent layer and does not affect the kernel when modified.
- NetFront Browser: NetFront is the most widely deployed and actively used embedded browser in the world, with deployments in over 267 Internet devices including handsets, gaming consoles, automobile telematics systems and other beyond-PC devices. NetFront supports OMA 2.2 Browsing as well as the latest Internet technologies such as HTML4.01/CSS/DHTML/DOM/SSL/TLS, PCKS, WTCP, OMA DRM and optional Adobe Reader, MPEG4 Player, Helix DNA, XHTML + Voice and 3D polygon engine. NetFront recently surpassed 100 million deployments globally and has achieved worldwide recognition as the most versatile and powerful browser in the embedded market.
- NetFront Message Client: NetFront Message Client is a full-featured e-mail client with support for the following mailer types:
- MMS: Compliant with 3GPP TS 23.140 and MMS conformance v1.2
- M-IMAP: Based on IMAP4/SMTP (RFC 2060)
- SMTP/POP: Support Mail Transfer Protocol/Post Office Protocol v3
- NetFront SMIL Player: NetFront SMIL Player enables playback of numerous multimedia formats for text, image, sound, moving images, animation, and various video file types. The player complies with 3GPP SMIL and W3C SMIL Basic.
- NetFront PIM Client: NetFront PIM Client helps end-users organize their Address Book, Calendar, Scheduler, To-Do List, and Memo Pad.
- NetFront SVG Viewer: NetFront SVG Viewer complies with the W3C recommendation for SVG Tiny. It’s optimized to render SVG content on small screens and includes various levels of zoom.
- NetFront Sync Client: NetFront Sync Client is a client library that complies with OMA SyncML v1.1.1. SyncML DS for data synchronization and SyncML DM (under development) are also supported.
- Java support: JV-Lite™2 Wireless Edition (MIDP, JTWI, Doja), is a SUN Microsystems authorized Java execution environment for embedded applications. JV-Lite2 class libraries are optimized for systems with limited memory and CPU power, and provide the best balance of performance, footprint, and portability. As a component of NetFront Mobile Client Suite, JV-Lite2 includes JAM, a Java Application Manager that is fully integrated with the NetFront browser.
In addition, Netfront Mobile Client Suite provides optional middleware components for AVE™-File (File system), IrFront™(IrDA solution), AVE-Blue (Bluetooth stack), AVE-USB (USB Host/Client, OTG), and 802.11x WLAN Driver.
For additional information, please visit www.access.co.jp or www.access-us-inc.com.
ACCESS Co. Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 4813) is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, and has subsidiaries in Fremont, California, Oberhausen, Germany, and Beijing, China. ACCESS is a global provider of mobile content delivery and access technologies for information appliances. ACCESS’ embedded NetFront and Compact NetFront browsers power 267 different commercial products worldwide including mobile phones, digital televisions, set-top boxes, game consoles, PDAs, car navigation systems, web phones, kiosk terminals and intranet terminals. ACCESS’ Compact NetFront microbrowser is most widely deployed in phones for NTT DoCoMo’s popular i-mode® service. To date, over 100 million ACCESS software licenses have shipped from more than 90 major Internet device manufactures (As of September 2003). ACCESS was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers market on February 26, 2001. More information is available at www.access.co.jp/english/ or www.access-us-inc.com.
ACCESS is a registered trademark in Japan. NetFront is registered trademark of ACCESS Co., Ltd. in Japan. i-mode is a registered trademark of NTT DoCoMo, Inc. Other brands may be trademarks of their respective owners.
81 (3) 5259-3685
ACCESS Systems Europe GmbH
49 (208) 8290-6432
ACCESS China Inc.
86 (10) 6566-9636
ACCESS Systems America
|Bite Communications||Bill Danon