- ACCESS further expands the ACCESS Connect™ Ecosystem (ACE™) Global Partner Program with the addition of eight new partners
- ACCESS works with ACE partners to fuel growth of converged technologies and applications in the China market
- ACCESS participates in the launch of the Orange Partner Developer Center in Beijing
BEIJING, CHINA—June 4, 2007—ACCESS CO., LTD., today introduced new members of the ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem (ACE) partner program, including five local Chinese partners. In addition, as a result of its ongoing commitment to Orange, a charter member of the ACE partner program, ACCESS also announced its participation in the Orange Labs & Orange Partner event celebrating the opening of the new Orange Developer Center in Beijing. During this two-day event, ACCESS will showcase the ACCESS Linux Platform™ as well as ACCESS products and partners that address local market needs.
The ACE partner program was first introduced in February 2007 with over 45 charter members, and has now expanded to 59 member companies. The newest members of the ACE global partner program announced today include:
- ARM (www.arm.com): a leader in microprocessor intellectual property for advanced digital products, from mobile, home and enterprise solutions to embedded and emerging applications.
- db4objects, Inc. (www.db4o.com): db4objects provides db4o, the world’s most popular object database, native to Java and .NET and available under open source and commercial licenses.
- HiFont System Corp. (www.hifont.com): developer of proprietary MiniType™ character generator products for 2.5/3G mobile phones, PDAs, e-books, navigation instruments, browsers, STB, Digital TV, Intelligent police POS terminals, databases, servers and other equipment.
- Beijing Lingtu Software Co., Ltd. (www.lingtu.com): a leading Location Based Services (LBS) software solutions provider.
- Mobopia Corp. (www.mobopia.com): an innovative mobile browser software developer creating new platforms to enrich the wireless user experience and to expand mobile advertising opportunities.
- Netone Technology Inc.: a provider of text process software and services for mobile phones including input method, display tools, ambi-direction editor, e-dictionary for multiple languages to English and e-books.
- Pattek (www.pattek.com.cn): a spin-off of CASIA (Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences), best known for speech and biometric verification technology.
- Penpower Technology Ltd. (www.penpower.com.tw): Penpower provides products based on various self-designed core technologies including handwriting recognition, optical character recognition, face recognition, voice recognition and mobile phone data transfer solutions.
“The purpose of the ACE partner program is to create an ecosystem of world-class partners that drive development and adoption of new mobile and converged technology solutions,” said Pierre Suhandinata, president and CEO of ACCESS China. “With these new partners, ACCESS is uniquely positioned to better serve the mobile Linux market worldwide and to strengthen its commitment to the China market with products and services that respond to local needs.”
Initiatives with Orange
ACCESS also continues to work closely with Orange, a charter member of the ACE partner program. Orange has named the ACCESS Linux Platform as an Orange approved platform across its global network. In addition, the two companies are working together to develop the Orange Application Package for ACCESS Linux Platform-based mobile phones.
Designed to accelerate time-to-market and compatibility for ACCESS Linux Platform-based mobile phones and devices, the Orange Application Package for ACCESS Linux Platform is being designed to run on top of ACCESS Linux Platform and will contain applications optimized to deliver the Orange experience. This platform can then be used to develop ACCESS Linux Platform-based Orange signature devices easily and quickly.
ACCESS and Orange are working jointly on the development of the customized suite of applications including third party applications. ACCESS leverages its professional services team to help device vendors worldwide integrate this suite onto their designs.
“We value our long-standing cooperation with Orange around the world and are pleased to be a part of the launch of the Orange Developer Centre here in Beijing. We look forward to working together to foster the growth of the mobile Linux market,” added Suhandinata.
Steve Glagow, Vice President of Marketing Operations, Orange said, “We’re pleased to announce the launch of the Orange Developer Centre within the Orange Lab office in Beijing, as part of our ongoing commitment to our partners based in China.”
The Developer Centre offers a well-equipped technical facility designed to provide an efficient and comfortable atmosphere for application development in a dedicated laboratory. Developers are provided with tools and support as well as Orange handsets and SIMs for use during development and “last mile” testing.
The centre in Beijing is part of a global network that already includes facilities in the UK (Chiswick and Glasgow), France (Velizy) and the US (San Francisco and Boston), which is an integral part of the commitment made by Orange and France Telecom to delivering innovative products and services to customers across the world.
“ACCESS’ involvement with Orange is a true demonstration of how Orange works with our partner community to create synergy,” added Glagow.
ACCESS Connect Ecosystem (ACE) Global Partner Program
The ACE partner program joins together the current partner programs from ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. (previously PalmSource’s Palm Powered™ Mobile World) and ACCESS CO., LTD. (ACCESS Advanced Alliance program). The newly created ACE partner program is designed to create an ecosystem of world-class partners that will unleash the potential of the digital life generation by driving development and adoption of new mobile converged technologies and solutions.
As part of its strategy to enable a truly connected world, the ACE partner program is an integral component in the delivery of interconnected products targeting today’s digital life generation. ACCESS enables digital life by delivering open, extensible, and unifying platforms that partners can leverage and build on, including:
- ACCESS Linux Platform™
- A complete next-generation mobile Linux® platform for smart mobile devices
- NetFront™ Mobile Client Suite
- A mobile browser and application suite now in millions of devices worldwide
- NetFront Living Connect
- Advanced technologies for the home networking and digital TV markets based on Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) standards
- NetFront IMS Client Package and NetFront Media Player
- One of the industry’s first IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) solutions for businesses that provides leading edge IMS solutions that tightly integrate Internet viewing and messaging environments with audio and visual media.
About ACCESS CO., LTD.
ACCESS CO., LTD., is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio, including its NetFront™ browser, Garnet™ OS (formerly Palm OS®) and the ACCESS Linux Platform™ provide customers with solutions that enable faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability. The Company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates 29 subsidiaries and affiliates within Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers Index under the number 4813.
For more information about ACCESS, please visit http://gl.access-company.com/
Orange is the key brand of France Telecom, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with more than 161 million customers on five continents.
In June, 2006, as part of the France Telecom integrated operator strategy (NExT programme) to deliver simple, convergent products, Orange became the single brand for mobile, internet and tv offers in France, the United Kingdom, The Netherlands and in Spain, strengthening Orange’s position as the number two mobile and internet services brand in Europe. In addition, Orange Business Services, which operates in 220 countries or territories, became the new banner for business communications solutions and services.
France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris Eurolist market and on the New York Stock Exchange. At March 31, 2007, the group had more than 100 million mobile customers, about 12.5 million internet customers and 48.5 million fixed line customers.
In 2006, France Telecom had consolidated sales of 51.7 billion euros.
Further information about Orange and France Telecom can be found on the Orange website at www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com or the France Telecom at www.francetelecom.com.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Personal Communications Services Limited.
About Orange Partner
Orange Partner is a global program serving 50,000 members from the application development and systems integrator communities. Launched in 2004, Orange Partner supports the development of mobile, broadband and fixed telecommunications innovations for the benefit of Orange’s customers. The program offers software developers access to Orange’s extensive R&D expertise around the world, as well as specialist services to facilitate the commercialization of innovative applications. Further information can be found at www.orangepartner.com.
Copyright © 2007, ACCESS CO., LTD., and ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. (formerly PalmSource, Inc.)
ACCESS, NetFront, ACCESS Connect Ecosystem, ACCESS Linux Platform, Garnet and certain other trade names, trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. and ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc., which may be registered in Japan, the United States, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and other countries.
PalmSource, Palm OS, Palm Powered and certain other trade names, trademarks and logos are trademarks which may be registered in the United States, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and other countries and are either owned by ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. or its affiliates, or are licensed by ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. from Palm Trademark Holding Company, LLC. These marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. (except as expressly permitted by a license with ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc.), in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc., its licensor, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
The registered trademark LINUX® is owned by Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark in the U.S. and other countries, and licensed exclusively to the Linux Mark Institute.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All rights reserved