“Go Mobile, Go Native” Is Company’s LinuxWorld Theme, Promoting Native Linux Applications
- Developer Day Educates Community on the Power of ACCESS Linux Platform™
- CodeSourcery Partnership Demonstrates Commitment to Open Source Toolchain
- New ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem Partner Program Members Continue Momentum for Mobile Linux Ecosystem Worldwide
- New ACCESS Linux Platform Website Facilitates Information Access
LINUXWORLD CONFERENCE & EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. – August 6, 2007 – ACCESS™ CO., LTD. is kicking off this week’s LinuxWorld Conference & Expo (booth number 602) with new tools and partnerships aimed at driving the development and adoption of a Linux-based operating system for mobile devices. The company is announcing that it has added eight new members to the ACCESS Connect Ecosystem (ACE™) partner program, including a strategic alliance with CodeSourcery, Inc. designed to facilitate the development process for developers of native Linux-based software applications. With these efforts, ACCESS is enabling handset manufacturers, operators and developers to harness the full power of native Linux-based applications on the industry’s most complete commercial mobile Linux platform.
“As a Platinum Sponsor of LinuxWorld 2007, ACCESS is committed to driving industry momentum to accelerate the growth of mobile Linux as a platform for the new, digital life generation,” said Toru Arakawa, ACCESS CEO, president and co-founder. “With our ACCESS Linux Platform and ACE partner program, ACCESS delivers a complete, native Linux-based solution and a robust global ecosystem that allow customers and developers to harness the full power of Linux for mobile and converged devices.”
ACCESS made the following announcements at LinuxWorld, which are accessible via the company’s website (http://gl.access-company.com/news):
- ACCESS Linux Platform Incorporates Sourcery G++™ Development Tools from CodeSourcery: This partnership enables developers to bring innovative native Linux-based applications to market with greater freedom of compiler choice and binary compatibility.
- Industry Support Grows for ACCESS Global Partner Program: The company has added eight new members to the growing roster of companies supporting its ACCESS Linux Platform and NetFront™ Browser technologies through the ACE global partner program. With over 65 members, the newly joined ACE companies include mobile Linux-based partners, as well as companies in strategic, high-growth markets, such as China.
ACCESS Developer Day
ACCESS Developer Day is an official conference event designed to educate Linux application developers on how to build applications for the ACCESS Linux Platform using open source tools like the Eclipse™ IDE and Glade UI designer. This hands-on event will kick off with a presentation titled “Going to Market with your Mobile Linux Application,” which will be led by ACCESS Senior Vice President of Product Marketing, Didier Diaz, and Orange Vice President of Marketing Operations, Steve Glagow.
The event will be held on Tuesday, August 7, and is included in all conference passes or can be purchased separately for $95 onsite at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
The ACCESS Developer Day agenda is as follows:
|• 10:15 — 11:15 a.m.||Developing Mobile Linux Applications and Taking Them to Market|
|• 11:30 a.m. — 12:30 p.m.||ACCESS Linux Platform: An Architectural Overview|
|• 12:30 — 1:30 p.m.||ACCESS Linux Platform: Garnet™ VM Compatibility Station|
|• 1:45 — 2:45 p.m.||The ACCESS Linux Platform Development Suite: Tools and Techniques|
|• 3 — 3:45 p.m.||Orange Compatibility — What is it and how do I get it?|
|• 4 — 5:30 p.m.||Building Native Applications for ACCESS Linux Platform|
ACCESS Connect Ecosystem (ACE) Global Partner Program
The ACE partner program (www.access-company.com/partners) is designed to create an ecosystem of world-class partners that will unleash the potential of the digital life generation by driving development and adoption of new mobile converged technologies and solutions. As part of its strategy to enable a truly connected world, the ACE partner program is an integral component in the delivery of interconnected products. ACCESS enables digital life by delivering open, extensible, and unifying platforms that partners can leverage and build on, including:
- ACCESS Linux Platform — A complete next-generation mobile Linux platform for smart mobile devices.
- NetFront Mobile Client Suite — A mobile browser and application suite now in millions of devices worldwide.
- NetFront Living Connect — Advanced technologies for the home networking and digital TV markets based on Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) standards.
- NetFront IMS Client Package and NetFront Media Player — One of the industry’s first IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) solutions for businesses that provides leading edge IMS solutions that tightly integrate Internet viewing and messaging environments with audio and visual media.
New ACCESS Linux Platform Website Launched
ACCESS is also announcing the launch of a new website specifically designed to showcase the ACCESS Linux Platform. The new ACCESS Linux Platform website integrates and expands the information currently available on the ACCESS corporate website while significantly improving the accessibility of information pertaining to the platform. The ACCESS Linux Platform website can be found at alp.access-company.com.
About ACCESS CO., LTD.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for Web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio, including its NetFront™ Browser, Garnet™ OS (formerly Palm OS®) and ACCESS Linux Platform™, provide customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates 29 subsidiaries and affiliates within Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mother’s Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit www.access-company.com
*ACCESS, NetFront, Garnet and ACCESS Linux Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. and ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. in Japan and other countries.
*The registered trademark LINUX® is owned by Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark in the U.S. and other countries, and licensed exclusively to the Linux Mark Institute.
*Sourcery G++ is a trademark of CodeSourcery, Inc.
*Eclipse is a trademark of Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
*All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.