- MontaVista Software joins as newest ecosystem partner member
CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment 2007, San Francisco, CA, October 23, 2007 – ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile and beyond-PC markets, today reinforced its commitment to strengthening cooperation among mobile industry players with the addition of seven new partners to its ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem (ACE™) partner program. The ACE partner program is designed to create an ecosystem of world-class partners that will unleash the potential of the digital life generation by driving development and adoption of new mobile converged technologies and solutions. In the short eight months since its creation, the program has rapidly grown to include 73 members.
MontaVista Software, Inc. (www.mvista.com), a leading provider of Linux® for intelligent devices and telecommunications infrastructure, joins as the newest ACE member. MontaVista and ACCESS will work together to provide a MontaVista Mobilinux operating system optimized to be compatible with the ACCESS Linux Platform™.
“The cooperation with MontaVista exemplifies the way the ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem partner program is intended to work,” said Toru Arakawa, ACCESS CEO, president and co-founder. “MontaVista’s ACCESS Linux Platform-ready operating system will provide our licensees with more choices, enabling faster time to market, easier deployment and smoother integration.”
”ACCESS has global expertise in providing an intuitive, consistent user interface that millions of people use every day, and the company applied its knowledge to create the ACCESS Linux Platform,” said Tom Kelly, president and CEO of MontaVista Software. “As an ACCESS Connect Ecosystem partner, MontaVista will collaborate closely with ACCESS to accelerate the deployment of innovative new Linux-powered mobile devices.”
New Global Partners
ACCESS has also recently added the following new ACE partner program members
- Careland Information System Co., Ltd. (www.careland.com.cn), the leader in providing GPS navigation software in China. Careland was the first company in China to gain independent intellectual property rights for a navigation engine, and in 2006 released the first navigable electronic map covering all of China.
- Collabora Ltd. (www.collabora.co.uk), a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the open source software community together. With a global network of open source engineers, Collabora provides expertise in real-time communications and multimedia technologies and a full range of services including design, open source consultancy and community development.
- Mobile Complete Inc. (www.mobilecomplete.com) offers a complete end-to-end portfolio of solutions for managing mobile handset proliferation, from the pre-purchase phase–including product quality enhancement–to post-purchase and customer support. Mobile Complete provides the tools to allow mobile users direct, real-time access to virtually any mobile handset from the convenience of their desktop.
- NEC Electronics Corporation (www.necel.com) specializes in semiconductor products encompassing advanced technology solutions for the high-end computing and broadband networking markets, system solutions for mobile handsets, automotive and digital consumer markets, and platform solutions for a wide range of customer applications.
- SECOM Trust Systems Co., Ltd. (www.secomtrust.net/english/outline.html), a comprehensive information services provider specializing in information security and major disaster response services, medical services, education services, non-life insurance and GIS services. SECOM’s Social System Industry vision is to offer integrated services and systems that make life more secure, convenient and comfortable.
- Spreadtrum Communications, Inc. (www.spreadtrum.com), one of China’s leading wireless baseband chipset providers, develops baseband processor solutions for the wireless market.
As part of its strategy to enable a truly connected world, the ACE partner program is an integral component in the delivery of interconnected products. ACCESS enables digital life by delivering open, extensible, and unifying platforms that partners can leverage and build on, including:
- ACCESS Linux Platform — A complete next-generation mobile Linux platform for smart mobile devices.
- NetFront™ Mobile Client Suite — A mobile browser and application suite now in millions of devices worldwide.
- NetFront™ Living Connect — Advanced technologies for the home networking and digital TV markets based on Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) standards.
- NetFront™ IMS Client Package and NetFront™ Media Player — One of the industry’s first IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) solutions for businesses that provides leading edge IMS solutions that tightly integrate Internet viewing and messaging environments with audio and visual media.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for Web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio, including its NetFront™ Browser, Garnet™ OS (formerly Palm OS®) and ACCESS Linux Platform™, provides customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates 29 subsidiaries and affiliates within Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mother’s Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit www.access-company.com
© 2007 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, NetFront, Garnet and ACCESS Linux Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. and ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc. (formerly PalmSource, Inc.) in Japan and other countries.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.
Palm OS is a trademark owned by Palm Trademark Holding Company and is licensed exclusively to ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc.
All other trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.