- 11 companies join as newest ecosystem partner members, expanding network to a total of 85 members
- Program celebrates first year anniversary
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, February 11, 2008 – ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile and beyond-PC markets, today strengthened its commitment to place emphasis on cooperation among mobile industry players with the addition of eleven new partners to its ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem (ACE™) partner program. The ACE partner program is designed to create a network of world-class partners that will develop the potential of the digital life generation by driving development and adoption of new mobile converged technologies and solutions. In its first year, the ACE partner program has rapidly grown to include 85 members.
“Since its creation one year ago, the ACCESS™ Connect Ecosystem partner program has successfully brought to market innovative solutions from ACE members and ACCESS to our joint customers,” said Toru Arakawa, ACCESS CEO, president and co-founder. “The ACE program gives our customers a competitive advantage to easily and quickly deploy open platform and open Internet solutions, and we are very pleased to add each of these eleven new ACE members who will continue to increase our support in the global promotion of convergence and the digital life generation.”
New Global Partners
- Arphic (http://www.arphic.com), established in 1990, is a leading developer and provider of embedded systems’ font solutions. Arphic’s superior stroke-based font technology generates the Arphic Mobile Font® and HiFont® compact, high-speed and high-quality Asian font solutions for embedded systems to support global languages such as Hindi, Bengali, Arabic and Thai.
- Chosen Security (www.chosensecurity.com) is the leading provider of on-demand PKI (public key infrastructure) security services in the world, enabling a wide range of PKI-enabled security services for enterprise authentication, secure e-mail and digital signatures.
- Cyberon (www.cyberon.com.tw) headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is a leading embedded speech and distributed speech recognition solutions provider. Cyberon’s solutions are developed specifically for mobile and portable devices to provide users a convenient, natural and reliable user experience. More than 30 million mobile and portable products embedded with Cyberon solutions support 30 different languages worldwide.
- Digital Aria (www.digitalaria.com) provides the state of the art technology, Mobile Flash™ platform. Mobile Flash™ provides operators and OEMs the powerful GUI framework to create rich-media user experiences along with FLV content playback.
- Entrust Japan Co., Ltd. (http://japan.entrust.com) is the Japan office of Entrust, Inc. Entrust Japan provides Entrust’s products, professional services and customer support for the Japanese market. Entrust [NASDAQ: ENTU] secures digital identities and information for consumers, enterprises and governments in 1,700 organizations spanning 60 countries. Leveraging a layered security approach to address growing risks, Entrust solutions help secure the most common digital identity and information protection pain points in an organization, including SSL, authentication, fraud detection, shared data protection and e-mail security.
- EXPWAY (www.expway.fr) is the leading provider of electronic service guides (ESG) for rich content and TV services offered over mobile, broadband and broadcast networks. EXPWAY’s solutions FastESGTM (electronic service guide –ESG- for mobile DVB-H and 3G networks) and FastEPGTM (electronic program guide -EPG- for IPTV and broadcast networks) enable operators to grow their revenues by promoting and differentiating their service offerings.
- Gemini Mobile Technologies (www.geminimobile.com) is a leading developer of wireless software infrastructure. The company’s Hyperscale® Technology is the foundation for its two products: a messaging platform, HyperScale Messaging Center, and a community platform, eXplo™. The company’s development efforts are distributed across China, Japan and the United States and it has offices in Asia and Europe.
- Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. Semiconductor Company (http://panasonic.net)
- NAVITIME (www.navitime.com) is a solution for true navigation. It keeps maps and time tables from around the world at hand at all times, instantly displaying your optimum total travel time whenever you set a destination, using any combination of means of travel you like – including train, airplane, bus, car, and walking. And NAVITIME is not just a guide for human travel: NAVITIME will make it possible to instantaneously calculate the time required for all sorts of travel, including goods and information.
- Stratus Technologies Japan, Inc. (www.stratus.com) is a solutions provider focused on helping its customers achieve and sustain information systems that support their critical business processes. Stratus is a trusted solutions provider to customers in manufacturing, life sciences, telecommunications, financial services, public safety, transportation & logistics and other industries.
- Wind River (www.windriver.com) is the global leader in device software optimization (DSO), a holistic, enterprise-wide solution to the challenges generated by increasing complexity in developing and running device software. Wind River enables companies to develop and run device software better, faster, at lower cost and more reliably.
As part of its strategy to enable a truly connected world, the ACE partner program is an integral component in the delivery of interconnected products. ACCESS facilitates digital life by delivering open, extensible, and unifying platforms which partners can influence and build on, including:
- ACCESS Linux Platform™ – An integrated, flexible and complete next-generation Linux platform for mobile phones and wireless devices.
- NetFront™ Browser – An advanced, versatile and powerful Internet browser for mobile handsets and information appliances.
- NetFront™ Living Connect – An advanced middleware for the multimedia home networking markets based on Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) standards.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for Web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio, including its NetFront™ Browser, Garnet™ OS (formerly Palm OS®) and ACCESS Linux Platform™, provides customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates 29 subsidiaries and affiliates within Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mother’s Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit http://gl.access-company.com/
© 2008 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, NetFront, Garnet and ACCESS Linux Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and other countries.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.
Palm OS is a trademark owned by Palm Trademark Holding Company and is licensed exclusively to ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc.
All other trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.