- NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile for Connected TV Demonstrated
- NetFront™ Living Connect for the Connected Home Demonstrated
- NetFront™ Series for Android™ OS for DTVs and STBs Announced
- NetFront™ Life Applications for Mobile Demonstrated
International CES, Las Vegas, US, January 6, 2011 — ACCESS CO., LTD. a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, today announced its participation at International CES 2011, which takes place January 6-9 in Las Vegas, USA. A pioneer of the mobile Internet and leading, global provider of software solutions for the beyond-PC markets, ACCESS has lined up a series of leading-edge technologies showcasing its most recent offerings for the connected TV, connected home and mobile markets.
ACCESS highlights at International CES 2011 include:
- NetFront Browser DTV Profile is ACCESS’ browser solution for the connected TV and STB (set-top box) markets. Based on ACCESS’ acclaimed NetFront Browser, NetFront Browser DTV Profile enjoys an outstanding, global deployment record, with more than ten major TV manufacturers deploying the solution to date. NetFront Browser DTV Profile is fully optimized for digital TV and STB environments and powers services such as BBC iPlayer and hybrid broadcast/broadband services such as HbbTV. ACCESS will be demonstrating NetFront Browser DTV Profile on a variety of devices including DTVs and STBs.
- NetFront Living Connect is ACCESS’ next-generation, Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-certified solution for multimedia home networks. NetFront Living Connect enables the seamless exchange and management of digital content, including photos, movies or music across the different electronic devices within the home and remotely. ACCESS will be demonstrating a variety of implementations for NetFront Living Connect including use cases for DTVs, STBs, home gateways, NAS (Network Attached Storage) storage devices, digital cameras, mobile phones, digital photo frames and printers.
- ACCESS has enhanced its NetFront series solutions to support Android OS for DTVs and STBs. As part of this initiative, ACCESS has implemented its NetFront Browser and NetFront Living Connect applications on Sigma Designs Android compatible hardware platform. With the support of Sigma Designs, a leading provider of system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for delivering entertainment and control throughout the home, ACCESS will also seek to expand the use of its NetFront series for Android OS DTVs and STBs.
- NetFront Life is an application series that ACCESS has developed for users of Android and iOS smartphones and tablet terminals. NetFront Life applications are designed to provide users with enhanced functionality, productivity and ease of use. NetFront Life applications are currently available on the Android Market and are available for smartphones sold globally. ACCESS will be demonstrating NetFront Life applications on Android smartphones. For additional information on NetFront Life applications please visit www.netfrontlife.com.
ACCESS will participate as an exhibiting partner in the DLNA booth (CP3) at International CES 2011. Additional ACCESS demonstration and meeting locations are available via invitation or previous arrangement. For more information regarding ACCESS at International CES 2011 please visit ACCESS at booth CP3. For additional information on International CES 2011 please visit www.cesweb.org.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, digital TVs and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio including its NetFront™ series provides customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. Recently, ACCESS has launched NetFront™ Life as a global brand with applications and services for end users. Additional information about NetFront Life is available at www.netfrontlife.com. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers’ Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit www.access-company.com.
© 2010 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries.
DLNA is a trademark of Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.