- In addition to its own stand (13.115) ACCESS DLNA, HbbTV, BBC iPlayer and Widget software is in over ten partner stands at IBC, demonstrating market leadership in Connected Home and Connected TV
IBC Amsterdam, September 6, 2011 – ACCESS CO., LTD, a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, will be showcasing market-leading solutions in home networking, media sharing, HbbTV, BBC iPlayer and Widget software at IBC 2011. Supported by a wide range of global partners at IBC, ACCESS will fully demonstrate its commitment to providing device manufacturers, OEMs and middleware providers with products that will pave the way for the ultimate TV and multi-screen media experiences for consumers.
“At ACCESS we fully understand the importance of combining both our expertise in Connected Home solutions with our innovative leadership in applications in Connected TV to be able to provide the best possible consumer experience,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP of Global Sales IA, ACCESS. “Attendees of IBC will not only be able to see both Connected Home and Connected TV solutions being demoed in the ACCESS booth, but will also be able to visit various partner stands to see how ACCESS products are being integrated in a wide variety of ways with other applications, fuelling the move towards a richer, more rewarding TV and multi-screen media experiences.”
Partners demonstrating ACCESS products in their IBC 2011 stands include:
- 27M (3.C30) – 27M Technologies design and license complete STB solutions for broadcast and IP digital-TV. They will demonstrate ACCESS’ NetFront™Browser DTV Profile.
- ADB (5.B48) – ADB design, manufacture and deploy solutions to distribute digital pay-TV and multimedia services to the connected home, through any type of network, and will be demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront™ Living Connect.
- Airties (5.B33) – AirTies develops and markets products that wirelessly connect electronic devices to each other, the internet and people and will be demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront™ Living Connect.
- Arion Technology (4.A71) – Set-top-box manufacturer, Arion Technology Inc. will launch its new HbbTV/Hybrid PVR, which features ACCESS’ NetFront Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition.
- CreNova (5.B15b) – CreNova, the German set-top box specialist, will be demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront Living Connect.
- Hyperpanel – Hyperpanel provides, customizes and integrates complete software solutions for satellite, terrestrial, cable and IP television set-top-boxes and will be present in several booths demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront Browser DTV Profile.
- Logiways (2.C40d) – Logiways provides innovative solutions adapted to the future of TV operators and will demonstrate ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile.
- Marvell (13.301) – Marvell Technology Group Ltd. is a leading fabless semiconductor company that ships over one billion chips a year. Marvell will be co-demonstrating Philips’ uWand Remote Touch technology enhanced with ACCESS’ NetFront™ Life Browser and NetFront™ Life Connect technologies NetFront™ Life Connect technologies on its Armada® 1000 Media Processor SoC family.
- NDS (1.A71) – NDS supplies open end-to-end digital technology and services to digital pay TV platform operators and content providers and will be demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile and Widget software running on its MediaHighway set-top box software.
- Philips (1.A81) – Royal Philips Electronics is a diversified health and well-being company focused on improving people’s lives through timely innovations. Philips will be demonstrating how its uWand Remote Touch Technology is enhanced by ACCESS’ NetFront™ Life Browser and NetFrontTM Life Connect technologies.
- Strategy and Technology (1.C31) – Strategy and Technology, market leader in MHEG client solutions, will be demonstrating RedKey 3 the latest interactive TV client incorporating ACCESS’ NetFront Browser DTV Profile.
- Vestel (13.131) – Vestel is a leading OEM and ODM in the consumer electronics and digital products markets and will be demonstrating ACCESS’ NetFront Living Connect and its NetFront Browser DTV Profile on STBs and DTVs.
ACCESS (booth 13.115) will be debuting its NetFront™ Living Connect 2.2 at IBC, the newest version of its DLNA Technology Component™ solution, which enables device manufacturers and OEMs to quickly and efficiently implement services that support DLNA standards on consumer electronic devices including mobile phones, digital TVs and set top boxes. Also on display will be its NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile, a market-proven, modular, extremely compact, scalable, upgradeable, platform-independent HbbTV software solution that enables device manufacturers, OEMs, middleware companies and operators to upgrade or launch connected TV solutions and devices and services quickly, efficiently and affordably.
For additional information please visit: www.access-company.com/products/internet_appliances
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, digital TVs and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio including its NetFront™ series provides customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. Recently, ACCESS has launched NetFront™ Life as a global brand with applications and services for end users. Additional information about NetFront Life is available at www.netfrontlife.com. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers’ Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit www.access-company.com.
© 2011 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the
United States, Japan and/or other countries. DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.