- ACCESS to demonstrate “smarter TV” experiences with TV-centric browser and graphics/UI engine, media sharing, OTT and cloud-based solutions
- Providing monetization opportunities for the multiscreen market
- Making multiscreen delivery and the connected home a reality
Oberhausen, Germany, August 14, 2012 − ACCESS CO., LTD, today announces that it will be returning to IBC this September to showcase its award-winning portfolio of multiscreen solutions. Visitors to the ACCESS IBC stand will see that it has a water-based theme, showing how ACCESS is making it easier than ever for consumers to dive in to the immersive new services launched by operators. On-stand demonstrations include TV-centric browsers, connected TV products, DLNA media sharing, HbbTV technologies, solutions which leverage the cloud and a social network integrated OTT platform. Visitors to the ACCESS stand (14.103) will be able to view solutions which function across a wealth of connected devices while giving operators the opportunity to increase revenues and enrich the consumer experience.
“We will be using IBC as a platform to showcase how we are offering operators and service providers the opportunity to deliver better, bolder and more exciting experiences to viewers across a whole range of devices,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP of Global Sales IA, ACCESS.
“Through our flexible solutions we are breaking down the barriers that multiple devices can raise by taking an ‘access all areas’ approach – this means that operators, device manufacturers and broadcasters can concentrate on providing consumers with an outstanding end-experience rather than spending too much time or resource solving compatibility or connectivity issues. Visitors to IBC will be able to see how our TV browser, HTML5 solution, home networking products and OTT solutions work together or separately to provide a powerful, simple route to deploying profitable multiscreen strategies.”
On-stand demonstrations will include:
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0 – enables seamless ‘studio-confident’ sharing and playback of pictures, music and video on connected devices. The latest version of ACCESS’ award-winning DLNA Technology Component™ solution enables device manufacturers and OEMs to quickly and efficiently implement services that support DLNA Guidelines on Consumer Electronic (CE) devices.
- NetFront™ Browser NX 2.0 – a Webkit-based, platform-independent HTML5 software solution that supports most of the HTML5 features including HTML5 Canvas and other advanced 2D and 3D functionality. It can be used as a next-generation TV UI engine to deliver greatly enriched user experiences including 3D graphics and animations.
- NetFront™ Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile HbbTV Edition – a WebKit-based browser that features efficient memory usage, high stability, high portability and comprehensive support for DTV standards including HbbTV, BBC iPlayer and CE-HTML. It enables operators, OEMs and middleware companies to upgrade or launch HbbTV capable devices and services quickly, efficiently and affordably while also benefitting from an HTML5-compliant powerful Browser engine.
- ACCESS™ MyTV™ – an OTT multiscreen social video platform allowing operators and CE device manufacturers to leverage the power of social networking to deliver a rich interactive service meeting the consumer demand to find, watch and share personal videos on any connected device.
- ACCESS™ MediaPilot – a software solution that enables seamless multiscreen media sharing and control of digital media such as movies, music and photos between any local network connected device in a home network without having to hook up cables or copy files.
ACCESS’ products have already been successfully deployed by a large number of content owners and device manufacturers.
Note to editors:
If you would like to meet with an ACCESS spokesperson at IBC 2012, please contact Sally Douglas of Platform PR: email@example.com, (T) +44 (0)20 7486 4900.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ Software Series and the ZebOS® network platform, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the ACCESSTM Digital Publishing Ecosystem for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. www.access-company.com.
© 2012 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. ZebOS is either a registered trademark or trademark of IP Infusion Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.