Oberhausen, Germany, 6 March 2013 − ACCESS CO., LTD, today announced that for the first time it will be demonstrating at TV Connect how operators can create true and viable multiscreen business models through the integration of HTML5, with its ability to enable advanced UI (User Interface) and application creation, and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology, to enable the secure sharing of media in the multiscreen ecosystem.
Visitors to ACCESS’ stand (#127) will also be able to see demonstrations that show:
- NetFront Browser NX: the lightning-fast 58 frames per second* WebKit-based HTML5 browser
- Support for key operator use cases such as sharing from PVR to phones and tablets
- Studio-confident’ security to ensure operators have access to premium content
- Seamless media sharing through the NetFront Living Connect DLNA Technology Component™ solution
- Enhancements to AccessMyTV™ social TV and OTT platform
ACCESS is hosting an Executive Briefing at TV Connect (20 March 2013, 14:30, The Club Room, Olympia Exhibition Centre, London) to discuss the latest research on multiscreen monetization and has sponsored a new TV Connect award to celebrate innovation in the creation of new business models in the multiscreen market (http://tvconnectawards.com).
“ACCESS is focused on providing solutions for operators which allow them to stay ahead of the curve in the multiscreen market and build long-lasting and successful business models,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP of Global Sales IA, ACCESS.
“We can’t wait to show TV Connect visitors how we have combined our TV-centric HTML5 browser and our media sharing app into one solution. It’s a real game-changer because it enables the combined delivery of secure seamless media sharing and the creation of advanced graphics and UIs which can be shared with second screen applications, providing a one-stop-shop for all multiscreen requirements. This is undoubtedly a win-win solution: it answers the needs of content owners, who are assured that their assets are secure, of operators, who can feel confident they are delivering the types of slick services and consistent branding experiences they need to retain customers, and of consumers, who are looking for fresh, intuitive and exciting experiences,” concluded Foster.
ACCESS solutions on-stand at TV Connect will include:
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0 – NetFront Living Connect combines with Verimatrix ViewRight® security to enable seamless ‘studio-confident’ sharing of premium content, such as early release HD movies. The latest version of ACCESS’ award-winning DLNA Technology Component™ solution includes support for DLNA’s Premium Video profile and enables TV operators and device manufacturers to quickly and efficiently implement services that support DLNA guidelines on consumer electronic devices.
- NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0 – Webkit-based, platform-independent HTML5 software solution with a web rendering speed – e.g. 58 frames per second for complex WebGL contents on TV* – that now supports CSS 3D Transforms, CSS Filter and CSS writing-mode, along with Canvas, and delivers the most up-to-date Web experience based on HTML5. By supporting key multiscreen building blocks such as Web Socket alongside HTML5 RUI, NetFront Browser NX 3.0 provides service and user interface (UI) discovery, inter-application communication and barrier-free multiscreen UIs, enabling TV operators and device manufacturers to deliver intuitive UIs and services seamlessly to multiple devices in the connected home environment.
- NetFront™ Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile HbbTV Edition – WebKit-based browser featuring efficient memory usage, high stability, high portability and comprehensive support for DTV standards including HbbTV, BBC iPlayer and CE-HTML. It enables operators, device manufacturers and middleware companies to launch or upgrade HbbTV capable devices and services quickly, efficiently and affordably while benefitting from an HTML5-compliant powerful browser engine.
- ACCESS™MyTV – OTT multiscreen social TV platform allowing TV operators and device manufacturers to leverage the power of social networking to deliver a rich interactive service. The solution meets consumer demand to find, watch and share personal videos on any connected device.
- ACCESS™ MediaPilot – software solution enabling seamless multiscreen media sharing and control of digital media such as movies, music and photos in the connected home without having to hook up cables or copy files. ACCESS MediaPilot is available for free download here.
TV Connect Executive Briefing, 20 March 2013, 14:30, The Club Room at Olympia Exhibition Centre, London
At TV Connect ACCESS will be holding an Executive Briefing to share and discuss insights into the monetization of multiscreen and how TV operators can capitalize on the current shifts in the industry.
* WebGL benchmark from http://mrdoob.github.com/three.js/examples/webgl_geometries.html
Note to editors:
If you would like to meet with an ACCESS spokesperson at TV Connect, please contact Sally Douglas of Platform PR: firstname.lastname@example.org, (T) +44 (0)20 7486 4900.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global company providing leading technology, software products and platforms for web browsing, mobile phones, wireless handhelds, digital TVs and other networked devices. ACCESS’ product portfolio including its NetFront™ series provides customers with solutions that enable faster time to market, flexibility and customizability. Recently, ACCESS has launched NetFront™ Life as a global brand with applications and services for end users. Additional information about NetFront Life is available at www.netfrontlife.com. The company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. ACCESS is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers’ Index under the number 4813. For more information about ACCESS, please visit www.access-company.com.
© 2013 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. ZebOS is the registered trademark and services mark of IP Infusion Inc., in the U.S. and other countries.DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.