- Report finds that convenience across all screens is critical to consumer uptake of multiscreen
- Parks Associates states that flexibility will be vital for operators looking to keep pace with multiscreen evolution
The paper examines the new direction for multiscreen services and the overall role of the operator. The research examines the impact that the proliferation of new devices and multiscreen features has had on the evolution of the TV landscape and highlights how a strategic, planned design approach will allow operators to retain audience loyalty and generate new revenues.
Key findings from the Parks Associates white paper include:
- Over 40% of US broadband homes receive personalized video recommendations from one source or more on a weekly basis
- Increasingly, consumers are adopting the multiscreen services that are the most convenient – as the amount of content that can be accessed on every screen reaches new heights
- Most multiscreen developments are software-driven, including apps, operator content management solutions, security software and quality of experience
- As content becomes ubiquitous, flexibility is crucial, as it can help services adapt to the multiplicity of devices, features, rights, security and business models that keep evolving at a frantic pace.
If you would like to obtain a copy of a white paper “The New Reality: Tomorrow’s Multiscreen, Multirights World”, commissioned by ACCESS and written and researched by Parks Associates looking at the issues surrounding the future of multiscreen monetization, please visit http://eu.access-company.com/whitepapers.html
More information about the topics discussed in the white paper can also be found on The Multiscreen Blog.
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ Software Series and the ZebOS® network platform, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the PUBLUSTM for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. Learn more about ACCESS at www.access-company.com.
© 2014 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. ZebOS is the registered trademark and services mark of IP Infusion Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. DLNA is a registered trademark and DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Digital Living Network Alliance is a service mark of the Digital Living Network Alliance All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.