Media Sharing Solution
NetFront™ Living Connect for Connected Cars is a market-leading Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Technology Component™ solution that enables automotive manufacturers, and consumer electronic companies to quickly and efficiently implement media sharing and media playback use cases for connected cars.
NetFront Living Connect for Connected Cars can be deployed on head units, rear seat entertainment screens or can be provided as an application for mobile and tablet operating systems.
NetFront™ Living Connect has achieved an extensive track record of successful DLNA Certified® device deployments on a variety of consumer electronic devices offered by leading manufacturers in markets throughout the world. It is optimized for portability to embedded devices and features a flexible modularity that allows it to function with any OS or CPU while also providing APIs for easy customization.
ACCESS NetFront Living Connect is packed with features which allow car manufacturers, Tier1s, CE device manufacturers, and content providers to supply end-users with comprehensive support of the very latest media sharing standards.
The combination of ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser and NetFront Living Connect provides a commercially deployable solution that supports Remote User Interface with DLNA VidiPath (CVP-2). Further integration with ACCESS Twine™ enables additional use cases for remote access and data logging.
[pdf]NetFront Living Connect for Connected Cars brochure (PDF: 1.2 MB)
As a DLNA Promoter member, ACCESS plays a leading role in accelerating the launch of products that meet the advanced DLNA guidelines. Additional information about DLNA is available on the DLNA website. To view videos demonstrating DLNA use cases, please go to the DLNA video channel.
Bring your own device to Car
Rear Seat Entertainment
DLNA Premium Content sharing using VidiPath
Technology and features
- Solution package delivered as Software Development Kit for Linux, QNX, iOS, Android and Windows and Windows Phone
- Digital Media Server (DMS)
- Digital Media Player (DMP)
- Digital Media Controller (DMC)
- Digital Media Renderer (DMR)
- Upload and download features
- Reference application for all device classes with playlist feature, selective sharing, unified content aggregation and parental control
- Media Processing Engine with high performance content indexing, album art, image and video thumbnail generation
- Smart Media Manager with Web UI, virtual folders such as last played, most played and auto playlist generation
- UPnP Stack, SQLite Database, XML Parser